- About us
- Contact us
The 27th CAP-CSA Joint meeting and the UNWTO Regional Ministerial Conference
3 June 2015 - 5 June 2015
Bandos Island Resort
The 27th Joint Meeting of the UNWTO Commission for East Asia and Pacific (CAP) and the UNWTO Commission for South Asia (CSA) & UNWTO Regional Ministerial Conference on Positioning Tourism in a Wider Socio-economic Context will be held in Bandos Island Resort, Maldives from 3 to 5 June 2015 under the garcious support of UnionPay International.
27th CAP-CSA Joint Commission Meeting
The 27th CAP-CSA Joint Commission Meeting is UNWTO´s principal annual event in the Asia Pacific Region, attended last year by around 60 representatives from UNWTO Member States, 7 UNWTO Affiliate Members and numerous international and regional organizations including Japan Association of Travel Agents (JATA), Korea Tourism Organisation (KTO) and USAID.
Key topics this year will include:
- UNWTO´s Programme of Work for the Region
- Asia’s use of TripAdvisor as a source of consumers’ data
- Other statutory issues related to the UNWTO Asia-Pacific Member States
Please find below the documents related to this meeting.
UNWTO Regional Ministerial Conference
This year the Joint Commission Meeting will take place in conjunction with the UNWTO Regional Ministerial Conference on Positioning Tourism in a Wider Socio-economic Context which is being organised with two main objectives:
- to take stock of the extent to which UNWTO’s Open Letter initiative has achieved its main objective of advocating that countries duly recognise the socio-economic contribution of tourism to their national economies;
- and to examine national policies that will engender strategies to ensure that the projected growth in tourism demand will translate into socio-economic benefits for non-tourism sectors of Asia-Pacific economies.
The Ministers of Tourism from across the Asia Pacific region will also discuss and debate the next steps in strengthening government awareness and support to enable advancement of the tourism sector.
Ultimately, through open sharing of national and regional insights, experience and expertise, the Ministerial Dialogue will uncover and unlock valuable individual and cooperative solutions to assist tourism leaders in moving their sector, and national agendas forward.
The preliminary programme for the Regional Ministerial Conference can be found below in 'General Document' section.
Joint Commission Meeting
5.2. Regional Activities
- Presentation by the Regional Programme for Asia and the Pacific
- Activities of the UNWTO Regional Support Office for Asia and the Pacific
- Updates on Tourism Satellite Account development in Asia (by Japan)
(click here for the detailed information in text)
Consultation Meeting for World Bank and UNWTO
Presentation Files for the 27th Joint Commission Meeting
4. Report of the Secretary-General
5.1. Global Activities
- Technical Cooperation and Services (by Mr Zhu Shanzhong)
- 10 YFP Sustainable Tourism Programme (by Ms Hyeri Han)
5.2. Regional Acticities
- Presentation by the Regional Programme for Asia and the Pacific (by Mr Xu Jing)
- Activities of the UNWTO Regional Support Office for Asia and the Pacific (by Mr Shintaro Hori)
- Asia’s use of TripAdvisor as a source of consumers’ data (by Ms Sarah Mathews)
- Updates on Tourism Satellite Account development in Asia (by Prof. Kozo Miyagawa)
- (Click here for the full report)
- Presentation by the World Bank on a tourism competitiveness project for South Asia (by Ms Stefania Abakerli)
6. Report on Technical Committees
For further information, please contact the following persons:
Ms. Christine Brew
Senior Programme Assistant
Regional Programme for Asia and Pacific
A Specialized Agency of the United Nations
C/ Capitán Haya 42, 28020 Madrid, Spain
Tel: +34 91 567 8192 / Fax: 91 571 37 33
Host Country Coordinator
Mr. Ali Shinan
Ministry of Tourism
Tel: +960 790 0032 / Fax: +960 332 2512